VOLUNTEER WITH THE UNION STATION!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
JOB TITLE: Docent – All Museums/Gallery
Volunteer Coordinator, Ogden Union Station
Museum Manager, Ogden Union Station
Under the supervision of the Volunteer Coordinator, conduct tours, scheduled and unscheduled, in any one or all of the museums.
- Meet and greet all visitors entering the museums areas.
- Be polite.
- Do not ignore anyone who comes into the building.
- Check tickets of visitors.
- Give an informative tour, guiding the visitors through the assigned museum and giving interesting
- commentary on the history and significance of the exhibits, artifacts, memorabilia, etc.
- Be a good listener. Do not monopolize the time. Give the visitors opportunities to ask questions.
- Incorporate information from training sessions into your work.
- Immediately notify the Museum Coordinator in the event of any emergency situation.
- Observe and report violations of security or safety rules and procedures.